Thursday, September 5, 2013

DEAD CAN DANCE - Spirit


I don't think Asa realizes what a gift he's given me. It's pretty big. And he shares it all the time, never realizing I see it this way - as a gift.  Well, okay, sometimes it's a curse.*

It is his vast, varied, and seemingly ENDLESS well of music, along with his personal insights and connections to a great deal of it.

This morning, while Asa was resting in Pincushion Mode, Paul and I were chatting as the Pandora radio station played some amazing ambient grooves.  We stopped talking at one point and just let the music wash over us. I had forgotten just how enveloping and uplifting this music is.

So when I got to work this morning, I dug into Asa's music files and found a trove of "Dead Can Dance" albums. I'm sharing it with everyone today. I could float away on this cloud forever. And I never knew music like this existed, until I met Asa.

*I'm referring to his ridiculous penchant for "Golden Throats" type noise here. I love you, man, but sometimes . . .

1 comment:

Wolf said...

Dead Can Dance is awesome!

It's funny, my husband introduced me to their music as well}:P